Contact me at: cara. cooper@ y mail.com Please note I've included gaps to discourage spam - just leave those out when you e-mail. Thanks



Monday 10 May 2010

Sorrento


This blog is primarily about my writing. But, as writers are always asked where their ideas come from and the answer is everywhere- I'm sure I'll end up blogging about anything and everything because it's amazing what can kick start the imagination. As a first post I decided on a chilly, windy May day sitting in London, to blog about a recent holiday in Sorrento, Italy which I hope will one day materialise in one of my books. We stayed a little out of Sorrento above a tiny beach, Marina di Puolo which certainly conjured up many ideas, accessed as it was down a quiet road snaking through olive and lemon groves. The sea was clear and oh so blue, lunch was fresh fish and pasta at tables on the beach and in the distance was ...... Capri on one side and Vesuvius on the other. Being spring, it was bright and sunny and still beautifully green. When my sister told me that my grandmother came not from Naples as I'd thought, but from Sorrento it made the whole holiday more meaningful. Here is the beach and the ramshackle house at one end where I would love to set a story........ I have already started the first chapter and will see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment